Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Deer!!

Last night, my wife and I were heading down GA highway 138 going to our neighborhood bible study. Before we could see it, a deer crossed two lanes of traffic and hit my car on the driver's side. Of course, I was going at least 55 miles per hour so she bounced off my car after sliding down the left side of the car.

My wife and I both love deer. We have them in our neighborhood. They eat my flowers after I have worked so hard to create a garden. They deposit their business in our yard planting seeds of all kinds of wild flowers and weeds. But there is something about these animals that always gives us peace and joy.

To hit and kill a deer like this is such a helpless feeling - a reminder of all those things which come our way in life which are out of our control. The car will be fixed and life will go on. But another one of God's creations was killed. The continued issue of "progress" meeting the "environment" will not be resolved. But I rejoice that Jesus is Lord of this planet, and I can rely on Him, even in the helpless moments of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment