Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Sweetness of Prayer

Our Church is in the midst of our Quarterly 24-hour Prayer Vigil where we sign up to go pray in the church for periods of 30 minutes - one hour for a 24-hour time period. My time was last night in the middle of the night, and I have to say, it was one of the fastest hours I have had in a while.

There is something about being in the Presence of the Lord which changes things -- but not just things, but you! He shows you to you as you really are - sin and all, and then pours out His grace and love on you. This was one of those times where I could not get enough of God. His love surely endures forever (Psalm 136).

I entered into this time tired and weary, and left renewed, strengthened, and refreshed. Being with Jesus does that. I entered into this time concerned about several things, and left knowing the time of intercessory prayer made a difference.

"Let my prayer be set forth in Your sight as incense, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice." Psalm 141:2

No comments:

Post a Comment